1. Rasputin wasn't actually a monk.
2. Rasputin wasn't the first mystic who held sway over the Tsar and Tsarina
3. Rasputin "looked into" but was not a member of an underground religious sect that practiced self-flagellation and orgiastic rituals.
4. Rasputin's presence really did help Alexei.
5. Rasputin might have predicted his own death and the murder of the Tsar's family.
6. He survived one assassination attempt but never came back from the dead.
7. Some historians believe that Rasputin's assassination was related to a British spy plot.
8. Russia's royal family had faith in Rasputin until the very end.